Grove Computer Controlled USB Submersible Water Pump
This is a Submersible Water Pump designed to be controlled by a Raspberry Pi or an Arduino. The product includes a USB PowerControl board which controls the USB power input to turn the Water Pump on or off by a control signal a GPIO on the computer. This product can be used with or without Grove connectors as you can connect jumper wires to the pins inside the Grove connector. Using this product requires NO soldering.
It can be used for for any project you want to pump water under computer control. Some applications are: Plant Watering (such as SmartPlantPi), aquariums, various chemical processing projects.
This product contains:
- USB PowerControlNE
- USB Powered Submersible Pump
The software to use the USB Controlled Submersible Pump is simple. Two GPIO lines are connected (either through a Grove connector or jumpers) and you can control the devices per this table. In most computer controlled applications, LIPOBATIN is left unconnected. See the specification. SwitchDoc Labs is providing a simple set of drivers for the Arduino and Raspberry Pi. See example code in SmartPlantPi, a Raspberry Pi Watering System.
- USB PowerControl Specification
- Arduino Drivers (coming soon)
- Raspberry Pi Software Drivers (coming soon)
The USB PowerControl board is a USB to USB solid state relay. It is is a digitally controlled power switch for your Arduino or Raspberry Pi. It is a Pi On and Off switch.
We have now added a Grove Digital Input that allows you to control the USB PowerControlV2 using two GPIO Lines (one enable and one control line) to switch on and off from a Grove Digital Port. The Grove Enable Line, when high, disables the LIPOBATIN line and makes control of the device under the Grove Control Line. When the Grove Enable Line is low, the LIPOBATIN line controls the relay as in the original USB PowerControl. The Grove Enable Line is pulled up by a 43K resistor so if it is disconnected, the USB PowerControlV2 is compatible with the original USB PowerControl.
Grove GPIO Control Circuitry for NE
This circuitry is provided to allow the USB PowerControlV2 to be controlled by either LIPOBATIN or the state of the CONTROL Line (J3 Pin 1). ENABLE (J3 Pin 2) controls whether the USB POWERCONTROLV2 is switched by LIPOBATIN or the CONTROL line. Remember that LIPOBATIN is not a digital input. It is designed to look at the voltage level of the battery.
The truth table for the USB PowerControlNE V2 is given below:
- Can Switch the Power to any plugged into the Female A USB port
- On/Off Controlled by a single control line Implements Hysteresis on Control line
- 3.8V/3.3V Turn On/Off Voltage on Control Line 3.3V Turn Off Voltage on Control Line
- Grove Digital Connector - ENABLE and CONTROL your USB Port
- Over Current Protection
- Thermal Shutdown
- Reverse Current Blocking
- Can be connected to GPIO Pin or directly to LiPo Battery
- Supports both Arduino and Raspberry Pi
- Has Dual USB ports - no more cutting USB cables
- Will work with SunAir and SunAirPlus Solar Power Controllers
USB Submersible Pump
This is a submersible water pump usable in fresh water or saltwater. Suitable for aquariums, fountains, fish ponds, etc. It has good seal performance l, high efficiency, high delivery head, large flow, and is quiet and durable.
- Power: 1W
- Fixed Form: Sitting
- Power Source: Charge
- Voltage: DC 5V
- Power: 0.6-1.8W
- Qmax: 120L / H (44GPH)
- Hmax.: 15.7 - 60 inch / 0.4 - 1.5 meter
- Outlet Diameter: Approx. 8mm
- Dimension (L x W x H): Approx. 3.8 x 3.4 x 2.8cm
- USB Cable Length: Approx. 145cm
- Material: Plastic
- Black color