Need to measure current and voltage through a USB cord programmatically? Gather lots of data dynamically? Then you need a USB CVSensor.
The USB CVSensor is an USB to USB current and voltage measuring device. It uses an INA219 to accurately (and dynamically) measured currents and voltages through a USB plug.
- Startup Currents and Voltages
- Track Dynamic power consumption in systems
- Gather data using Arduino or Raspberry Pi base systems.
- Use in Solar Power Systems
USB CVSensor Specification
- USB Type A Plugs
- Data+, Data-, Ground directly passed through
- INA219 Highside DC Current and Voltage Sensor
- Up to 2000 conversions per second
- 0.1 ohm 1% 2W current sense resistor
- Up to ±3.2A current measurement, with ±0.8mA resolution
- Standard Grove I2C Connector to INA219
- Default I2C Address 0x45
USB CVSensor I2C Addresses
SJ2 Cut /SJ1 Cut: 0x40
SJ2 Not Cut / SJ1 Cut: 0x44
SJ2 Cut / SJ1 Not Cut: 0x41
SJ2 Not Cut / SJ1 Not Cut: 0x45