The USB PowerCentral board is a USB to USB solid state relay with an on-board INA219 to measure USB Current and Voltage. It is is a digitally controlled power switch for your Arduino or Raspberry Pi. It is a Pi On and Off switch.
USB Power Central Downloads
We have now added a Grove Digital Input that allows you to control the USB PowerCentral using two GPIO Lines (one enable and one control line) to switch on and off from a Grove Digital Port. The Grove Enable Line, when high, disables the LIPOBATIN line and makes control of the device under the Grove Control Line. When the Grove Enable Line is low, the LIPOBATIN line controls the relay as in the original USB PowerControl. The Grove Enable Line is pulled down by a 43K resistor so if it is disconnected, the USB PowerCentral is compatible with the original USB PowerControl.
- INA219 Current Voltage I2C device measure USB Voltage and Current
- Can Switch the Power to any plugged into the Female A USB port
- On/Off Controlled by a single control line Implements Hysteresis on Control line
- 3.8V/3.3V Turn On/Off Voltage with LIPOBATIN
- Grove Digital Connector - ENABLE and CONTROL your USB Port
- Over Current Protection
- Thermal Shutdown
- Reverse Current Blocking
- Can be connected to GPIO Pin or directly to LiPo Battery
- Supports both Arduino and Raspberry Pi
- Has Dual USB ports - no more cutting USB cables
- Will work with SunAir and SunAirPlus Solar Power Controllers
Grove GPIO Control Circuitry for the USB PowerCentral
This circuitry is provided to allow the USB PowerCentral to be controlled by either LIPOBATIN or the state of the CONTROL Line (J3 Pin 1). ENABLE (J3 Pin 2) controls whether the USB POWERCONTROLV2 is switched by LIPOBATIN or the CONTROL line. Remember that LIPOBATIN is not a digital input. It is designed to look at the voltage level of the battery.
The truth table for the USB PowerCentral board, which is identical with the USB PowerControl V2, is given below:
Where is TP3 / COut on the USB PowerCentral Board?
The WatchDog board and the USB PowerCentral board are often used together. TP3 can be used by the WatchDog to power cycle the USB PowerCentral Board.
Block and Application Diagrams
USB PowerControl Application Diagram