To measure Weather, you need specialized sensors. The SwitchDoc Labs WeatherRack contains the three most important components: Wind Speed, Wind Direction and Rainfall. This product can be interfaced into your own project, but the SwitchDoc Labs WeatherPiArduino and WeatherPlus boards are specifically designed for the WeatherRack.
An Instructable for Building a Complete Raspberry Pi Weather Station using the WeatherRack
Downloads For WeatherRack
- Arduino Drivers are on github.com/switchdoclabs/SDL_Weather_80422.
- Raspberry Pi Drivers are here at https://github.com/switchdoclabs/SDL_Pi_WeatherRack
- WeatherPiArduino Version 2 (with White Grove Connectors) software can be found https://github.com/switchdoclabs/RaspberryPi-WeatherPiArduinoV2
- WeatherPiArduino software for WeatherPiArduino Version 1 can be found here.
- Download Full WeatherRack Specification Here.
To Set North on Wind Vane
Wind Vane screw Should Point North - This is South[/caption] North is the screw hole on the base (without the tab).
On newer units, there is a tiny little S near the top of the round base of the wind vane and a small N on the other side.